Specguard’s SL-08 is a marine-grade, slow-cure PTMEG based 100% solids spray polyurea system with a tack-free time in 8-10 minutes. It has excellent self-leveling capabilities due to the slow gel time. SL-08 is ideal for projects and specifications that require a smooth surface such as flooring and liner systems. The slow cure time provides better adhesion to concrete, roofing systems and allows for better penetration when spraying over Hypalon fabric and other encapsulating surfaces compared to fast set systems.
SL-08 Marine-Grade is used in a variety of marine applications, including treated timber piling, steel piling, marine fenders, composite buoys, steel buoys, steel camels, timber camels, fenders boards, and corrosion protection. SL-08 Marine-Grade has a proven history of performance and long-term durability in the marine environment. This product is a slow-cure, 100% solids spray polyurea system that can also be used for non-marine applications to increase durability. SL-08 Marine-Grade is a self-leveling product providing a smooth surface with a longer gel time to promote better adhesion compared to standard polyurea systems.
- Slower Cure Time: Provides better penetration and adhesion into the substrate than fast set systems with a tack-free time of 8-10 minutes.
- Multi-Use: Can be used for corrosion protection, concrete protection, steel tanks, as a basin liner, ships, buoys, pilings and a multitude of other uses.
- Excellent Sealer & Adhesion: Specguard’s SL-08 is designed to penetrate deep and seal out corrosion and water, protecting and adhering to surfaces including concrete, steel, wood, and foam.
- Environmentally Safe: After curing and drying, SL-08 will never leech any substance into the surrounding environment.
- Self-Leveling: Can be used for corrosion protection, concrete protection, steel tanks, as a basin liner, ships, buoys, pilings, and a multitude of other uses.
- Marine Grade Product: Developed in the marine industry for use on ship fenders and buoys, SL-08 is exceptionally durable and can withstand harsh environments.